Thursday, March 4, 2010

Short week, long haul

I've been on the road a lot this week, and I'm staying close to home today, trying to get some past-due work done, and my sermon written. I'm going to go to Bloomington tomorrow for a workshop about how to have the church make a bigger, better impact on the community.
On Monday I took Chris to Midway and said good bye to him. Drove back and had committees and Session.
Tuesday I went to a transition team retreat in Springfield, at a franciscan monastery. Very nice. I wish I could have stayed. But I came home in time for choir.
Wednesday the only place I went was the grocery store. Made good stuff for Pastor Soup. 9 people came. It was fine.
So that leaves today for me to get most of the week's work done.

Now that I write it, I feel more deserving of my harried feeling.

Breathe in the Spirit of peace. Breathe out frustration and fear. Ahhhh. That's better.

No comments: